Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Made of the World

From a Rose I was birthed…

in the middle of a storm…

I felt cursed as I got wet…

and trickled down with the rainfall,

and fell into the soil face first.



Mud in my eye, I did not know where I was…

Who I am, what’s my plan and where that I was going.

All I knew is that I was growing…

When I finally stood up, I became a man…

Privy to the ways of a world so clear yet confused.



Look around to see precious life being abused,

love mistreated and clear night skies taken for granted…

Green eyes blackened for things other than jealousy,

Dreamers awaken from their perfect worlds to wonder…

“Where was we?”



We were the Gods creating our own world,

but too wrapped up in advancing creations for appreciation.

I looked down in shame…but then I saw the rose…

and I remembered in an instant the beauty that I live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment