Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What I was feeling at the time (wordpress repost)

Insomina’s winning…
it’s been a long time, but it’s only the beginning…
Been awake so long, it hurts to even try to close your eyes…
Been an ape so long, can’t help but show your animal pride…

To the girl who I gave my world 7 years ago-
You’ve carved a nice path of destruction
One that caused for many tears to flow…
Now I divorce myself from love, I only want seduction…

Destroyed my idea of the perfect woman, so heartless
Cut my heart for the world to see, you a doc or an artist?
I’ve recovered, I think, pretty sure I’ve healed just fine
And of all the things I lost, what I miss most is my mind…

Black Tie Affair, my feelings once again on display
placed neatly in a large black box on a special day
In my wake, am I dead or merely dreaming despondent?
But I hardly ever sleep; is what I see my reality?
Visions of the end, I guess it’s only my mind wandering…

No comments:

Post a Comment